Monday, November 1, 2010

Wild day on west bay


The day started out with Travis’s reel being frozen up, and after a shot of oil and a few turns of the handle it was back in working order. After we set sail I noticed my rudder would only turn left, so I headed back to shore and pulled my yak back onto the trailer, and with a few adjustments we were ready to fish. The red fish and trout were smashing shrimp every where from the bank out to around a hundred yards. On my third cast I stuck a sixteen inch trout and he was the first and last trout to go on the stringer. A few minutes later I bowedup with a nice twenty four inch red with three spots and he was the first of four reds to join the lineup. Almost every cast with a top water resulted in an aggressive blowup but not very many hookups. I was having a blast watching those fish destroy my super spook. In my opinion missing fish on top waters is more fun than catching fish with any other bait..
The mission of the day was to catch some red fish for Travis to take back to college station since he has not been able to come in town as often as he use to. We closed out the day with a trout, four reds from twenty two to twenty eight, and a whole lot of blowups without a hookup.


The baits of choice were any top water but I mostly used a white with red head super spook jr., and the two biggest reds fell victim to a natural Gulp shrimp on a weed less jig head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails