Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The new kayak trailer


I’ve been searching for a kayak trailer for a while now and I finally found one that fit my budget and design. She needs some modifying but it will work perfect for hauling two yaks when finished. I thought I would do a little before, during, and after for those who are interested.

The trailer started as a catamaran sailboat trailer and I picked it up for two hundred dollars. The frame and wheels are galvanized so they are in good shape. The leaf springs and wheel studs need to be replaced. The wheel hubs came with bearing buddies already on them and are in good shape. I removed the cross bars that held the hulls of the sailboat so now the trailer is a little over four feet wide. My plan is to make it a double decker and make the tong removable so that it fits in the garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails