Sunday, May 22, 2011

IFA Rockport







I prefished Friday and Saturday before the tournament with good numbers Saturday. On tournament day the fish were there but the wind was blasting. I managed a twenty two inch red and a eighteen and a half inch trout early in the morning. There were a lot of bigger fish in the mix that were smashing my topwater but could not get a hook in their mouth. I want to know how a six inch piggy perch can get a hook in its mouth on a topwater and a twenty five inch red cant. My total of forty and a half inches was only good enough for ninth place, but I got a nice check for having the highest score out of a Hobie kayak. Once again the IFA and Hobie put on a great event and I am looking forward to many more years of fishing in it.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails